[Recipe and photo courtesy of Mr.Huda’s Spice Mixes]
Note: This particular dish is best to be left to marinate for at least 1/2 -1 hour before cooking. Once marinated for the best result cook in a preheated hot oven in a roasting tray covered or alternatively under a grill for a clay oven-baked taste.
8 small baby potatoes
6 tsp Huda’s Tandoori Paste (or tandoori masala)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp turmeric
1. Cut the potatoes into quarters.
2. Par boil the potatoes with the tumeric and salt and then drain.
3. When cooled, prick the potatoes (all sides) in several places with fork tines.
4. Mix the required amount of Mr Huda’s Tandoori Paste, oil, yogurt, coriander and in a bowl.
5. Put the potatoes in the bowl and mix well in to the marinade (use disposable glove when mixing, as to prevent staining your hand).
6. Leave to marinate.
1. Spread the potatoes in the roasting tray with all the excess marinade and cover.
2. Preheat the oven and then roast the potatoes until cooked, turning once.
Once cooked, garnish with fresh salad, lemon wedges, coriander and serve with mint and tamarind yogurt sauce.