When it comes to skin care, sun damage is a primary cause for dark, patchy and wrinkled skin. I was told by a skin care professional that applying sunscreen twice a day is not enough, if you use a sunblock with SPF 50, you need to re-apply every 3 hours or so! Wow, I had no idea, and frankly, its not a priority for me, so I stick to my twice a day application. But that does not mean that I can’t take some extra time on a weekend to care for my skin and prevent it from aging earlier than its time! So I was glad to have found this really simple 2-3 ingredient Avocado Mask recipe, which takes 5 minutes to make, 5 minutes to apply, and leaves me with healthy glowing skin as well as strong and shiny hair, all in one 20-minute session!
Avocado is rich in vitamins A, D and E, has healthy omega-3 fatty acids which rejuvenate your skin, while lecithin and potassium help promote a healthy glow to your skin! Avocado is also high in sterolin, a type of protein that reduces blemishes and dark spots related to aging, as well as provide a layer of protection from harsh sun damage. Honey, on the other hand, is a highly reputed ingredient in the natural healing community – its medicinal and aesthetic properties need no mention, and yet, let me tell you that Honey is a natural moisturizer that suits all skin types. It has an ability to kill germs & bacteria from the skin, thereby reducing swelling, redness and skin irritation.
This Avocado Mask is really simple to make, so you can make it fresh whenever you like, however, if you wanted to store it for a couple days, you could try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt – to prevents the mask from getting dark, as well as acts as a preservative for a longer shelf life. But as I said, for something that takes 5 minutes to make, I would recommend making it fresh, whenever you need a quick and uplifting facial!
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond oil (optional, good for skin and hair)
- Blend ingredients together to form a smooth, spreadable paste.
- Apply paste to the face, neck, and chest areas.
- Keep the paste away from the eyes and lips.
- Allow the mask to nourish the skin 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse all paste off of the skin, Pat face dry.
- Immediately apply your favorite moisturizer
- For Hair Mask, gently massage mixture into the scalp and hair; let hair rest 20 minutes; Shampoo and rinse as usual.
If you are looking for a real simple, easy and effective Face Mask to rejuvenate dry skin, try this Avocado mask. Plus, you can trat your face and hair with just one piece of Avocado! That’s like 2 birds in one stone, and its so frugal, you are sure to get hooked. After all, who doesn’t like healthy glowing skin!
- 5 Recipes To Get Spa Treatment At Home
- 14 Proven Remedies To Reduce Wrinkles Naturally
- Top 10 Natural Remedies To Remove Blackheads
- Healthy Chocolate Fudge Cake with Avocado Frosting
- Easy 5-Step Facial at Home
- What Valentine Means As You Grow Older
- DIY: Homemade Lavender & Jasmine Sugar Scrub
- 5 Easy & Creative Halloween Recipes